Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An Announcement

Ahem.

I have an announcement.

It may come as a shock, but the word "losing" is not spelled "l-o-o-s-i-n-g." Due to the economic turmoil we are currently facing, I have been receiving quite a few e-mails at work from people who are concerned about "loosing" their money. And you know what? It's driving me crazy! Yes, it is silly that such a thing can make me want to pull out all my hair, but it does. My only talent is that I can spell and I find it disturbing that 21st century America does not value my talent like it should. I do actually wonder how people can expect themselves to be taken seriously when they can't spell. 

I know, I know. Pride goeth before a fall.

I realize that I am preaching to the choir. You know how to spell. Otherwise we wouldn't be friends. Just kidding. Mostly.

3 comments:

tammyfaye22 said...

Oh dear! I don't blame you for being annoyed. I would be too! As a general rule I try not to be picky in emails, etc. from friends, but in an official complaint email directed to the president of the bank? You would think they would take pride in their spelling, but I guess not.

Kjrstin said...

check out this rant about spelling i found on best of craigslist a while back. obviously, a kindred spirit.

and really, maybe people are scared of loosing their money, i mean with the loose morals of zion's bank supporting such scandal's as wicked.

or maybe they are loosing their money on the world... sort of like the stimulus packages... letting it loose.

perhaps. or perhaps their talents lie elsewhere. like lurking on blogs, like superdell's. or even voting for superdell. that could be a talent.

Kimberlie said...

When I used to work in credit at a large local furniture store I decided for every misspelled word the person would get a deduction of $500 from what they qualified for.

One of my favorites was the boy that wrote on the credit application that he worked at a grocery store as a "night stalker." My first thought was that he worked at night following people around to make sure that they were not stealing anything then I realized that he was just dumb.