The post is late because we didn't have internet until now. Sorry about that. But here are 10 things I love about you, Dad:
1. I'm glad you are a democrat. You risk your life every day in Utah County.
2. You love to read. What more can I say?
3. Your appreciation of music. I'm glad you are playing the guitar again.
4. You are a great teacher. Thanks for the "teaching moments."
5. Who doesn't love an animal-lover?
6. Your seminary humor. Ok, so most of the time it makes me groan. But I appreciate that you can laugh at life.
7. Thanks for being an example of faith and steadiness. I admire your ability to rise above challenges and disappointments with dignity and grace.
8. You see the best in others even when they don't deserve it. Sometimes that includes me. Thanks for that.
9. You ran a 10k. That shows guts. Way to go.
10. Along with being a great dad, you're a great friend. I'm grateful for that.
There are many more things that I love about you. These are just a few. Thanks for always being there. Happy birthday!